At 1,977 meters, Mt. Tanigawadake is the highest mountain in the Tanigawa mountain range. A scenic spot called "Ichinokurasawa" at the eastern foot of the mountain is a mecca for rock climbers. A 15-minute ride on the ropeway will take you up to Tenjindaira at an elevation of 1,321 meters for a splendid panoramic view.
- Location: Yubiso, Minakami-machi, Tone-gun, Gunma
- Tel：+81-278-25-5017 (Tourism Division, Minakami Town)
- ▼Altitude: 1,977 m
Weekdays 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (April - November)
Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM (December - March)
・ Duration: About 15 minutes for one-way (The gondola departs the station at intervals of 3 minutes.)
- Individuals: 1,230 yen for one-way and 2,060 yen for round trip for adults
620 yen for one-way and 1,030 yen for round trip for children
- Groups (15-50 persons): 1,170 yen for one-way and 1,960 yen for round trip for adults
590 yen for one-way and 980 yen for round trip for children
- Groups (51-100 persons): 1,110 yen for one-way and 1,850 yen for round trip for adults
560 yen for one-way and 930 yen for round trip for children
- Groups (over 101 persons): 1,050 yen for one-way and 1,750 yen for round trip for adults
530 yen for one-way and 880 yen for round trip for children
・ Tourist Lift (Note: The tourist lift does not operate during the winter season.)
- Fee: 410 yen for one-way and 720 yen for round trip
Note: Closed for equipment maintenance: Thursday, November 15 through Thursday, November 22, 2018
Where: Tanigawadake Ropeway and Tenjintoge Tourist Lift
- [To Doaiguchi Station of the ropeway]
・ Take the Kan-etsu Kotsu Bus from Platform 1 in front of the Jomo-Kogen Station on JR Joetsu Shinkansen headed for Tanigawadake Ropeway for about 50 minutes. Get off at Tanigawadake Ropeway.
・ About 25 minutes by bus from Minakami Station on JR Joetsu Line
・ About 25 minutes by car from Minakami IC of Kan-Etsu Expressway
About 10 minutes by ropeway from Doaiguchi Station to Tenjindaira
Website (Tanigawadake Ropeway): http://www.tanigawadake-rw.com/ropeway/
* Traffic restriction is implemented on the road from Doaiguchi ropeway station to Ichinokurasawa.
* Road Closure in Winter
Section: From Tanigawadake Ropeway Doaiguchi Station to Ichinokurasawa
Duration: 10:00 AM on Monday, November 19, 2018 - 10:00 AM on Friday, May 24, 2019
Copyright © Bureau of Tourism, GUNMA Prefectural Government All Rights Reserved.