Watarase Keikoku Railway
This railway connects Kiryu City of Gunma prefecture and Nikko City of Tochigi prefecture. Visitors can enjoy the trip along Watarase Gorge with wonderful scenery by trolley train. This railway is full of charms in each season, such as peach blossoms in early spring, rush greenery in summer, autumnal leaves in autumn and illumination in winter. Also, Mizunuma Station holds day trip onsen facility within the station.
- Tel：+81-277-73-2110 (Watarase Keikoku Railway)
- ▼Fee: 510 yen for junior-high school students and older, 260 yen for elementary school students (trolley ticket)
Other than the trolley ticket, train ticket for ride section is required.
・ Range: Kiryu Station to Mato Station, 1 round trip per day
・ Stops: Kiryu, Aioi, Omama, Mizunuma, Godo, Sori, Tsudo, Ashio, and Mato
- Trolley Wasshi 3: Leaves Kiryu at 10:31 AM and arrives at Mato at 12:29 PM
- Trolley Wasshi 4: Leaves Mato at 1:57 PM and arrives at Kiryu at 3:47 PM
・ Prices: In addition to a ticket, you will need a boarding pass (Adult: 510 yen, Child: 260 yen).
Trolley boarding passes are sold one-month prior beginning at 11:00 AM.
・ Places to buy:
- The Watarase Keikoku Railway Aioi, Omama, and Tsudo stations
- All JTB branches
- All Tobu Top Tours branches
- All Nippon Travel Agency branches
- All Kinki Nippon Tourist branches
- The Tourist Center at Tobu Nikko and Kinugawa-Onsen stations (Trolleys 2, 4, and 6 only)
Search by Area
- Kusatsu, Manza, Kita-Karuizawa Area
- Minakami, Oze, Numata Area
- Ikaho, Haruna Area
- Shima Area
- Takasaki, Myogi, Tomioka Area
- Maebashi, Akagi, Kiryu, Ota, Tatebayashi Area
Copyright © Bureau of Tourism, GUNMA Prefectural Government All Rights Reserved.