Takayama-sha Sericulture School
This is the birthplace of "Takayama-sha" that promoted the spread of education of "Seion-iku". Seion-iku was perfected by Chogoro Takayama and is a modern sericulture technique which combined "Ondan-iku", which focuses on warming the room, and "Seiryo-iku", which focuses on ventilation.
Takayama-sha was established as the educational institution of sericulture and large number of students came from both inside and outside of the country to learn about Seion-iku. Later on, Seion-iku became national standard of sericulture technique.
This facility, with Tomioka Silk Mill, was registered as the world heritage.
- 236-1 Takenomoto, Takayama, Fujioka-shi, Gunma
- Mapcode: 20 124 005*32
- About 20 minutes by car from Fujioka IC of Joshin-Etsu Expressway
- 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- New Year Holidays (December 28 to January 4)
- ▼Admission: Free
* Advance contact for the group tour is required.
- Final day of update: April 3, 2020