This onsen resort is famous as one of the three major onsen in Japan. The unique bathing method of jikanyu (timed bathing) and yumomi (water beating) are customs that have been passed down since the Edo period. In addition to the high spring quality, the atmosphere of the resort is attractive with the Yubatake (literally means hot water fields, a wooden facility for thermal moderation of the water) located at the center. Also, this onsen resort boasts the greatest amount of hot spring water discharged in Japan. Among the top 100 Onsen selected by travel pros, Kusatsu Onsen has ranked No. 1 in Japan for 15 years in a row! In both name and reality, this onsen resort is representative of Japan.
- Location: Kusatsu, Kusatsu-machi, Agatsuma-gun, Gunma
- Tel：+81-279-88-0800 （Kusatsu Onsen Tourism Association）
- ▼Spring Quality: Acid spring, sulfur spring
▼Efficacy: General indications, cuts, chronic skin diseases, chronic women's diseases, arteriosclerosis
- ・ About 25 minutes by bus from Naganoharakusatsuguchi Station on JR Agatsuma Line
・ About 1 hour 20 minutes by car from Shibukawa-Ikaho IC of Kan-Etsu Expressway
Website (Kusatsu Onsen Tourism Association): http://www.kusatsu-onsen.ne.jp/guide/en/
- Released by Kusatsu Town (January 24)
Mt. Motoshiranesan, located in Kusatsu-machi in Gunma, erupted on January 23.
Kusatsu Onsen Town is located 7 kilometers away from the eruption site and no damage has occurred.
for more about Kusatsu Town☆
Visitor experiences* The information below is quoted from that of TripAdvisor.
Search by Area
- Kusatsu, Manza, Kita-Karuizawa Area
- Minakami, Oze, Numata Area
- Ikaho, Haruna Area
- Shima Area
- Takasaki, Myogi, Tomioka Area
- Maebashi, Akagi, Kiryu, Ota, Tatebayashi Area
Copyright © Bureau of Tourism, GUNMA Prefectural Government All Rights Reserved.