This is one of the onsen resort in Minakami Onsen Area with a ryokan beside Takaragawa River. It boasts the largest open-air bath in Japan which is extremely popular with foreign tourists.
- Location: Fujiwara, Minakami-machi, Tone-gun, Gunma
- Tel：+81-278-75-2611 (Takaragawa Onsen Osenkaku)
- ▼Spring Quality: Simple springs
▼Efficacy: General indications
▼Day Trip Onsen:
・ Hours: 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
・ Admission (4 hours):
- Adults 2,000 yen
- Children (elementary school age): 1,500 yen
- Children (pre-school age): free
- ・ Take the Kan-etsu Kotsu Bus from Platform 1 in front of the Minakami Station on the JR Joetsu Line headed for Minakami Sta. or Tanigawadake Ropeway for about 25 minutes. Get off at Minakami Station. Transfer at Minakami Station Platform 4 for Yunokoya and travel for about 30 to 35 minutes. Get off at Takaragawa-iriguchi or Takaragawa-onsen.
・ About 30 minutes by car from Minakami IC of Kan-Etsu Expressway
Visitor experiences* The information below is quoted from that of TripAdvisor.
Search by Area
- Kusatsu, Manza, Kita-Karuizawa Area
- Minakami, Oze, Numata Area
- Ikaho, Haruna Area
- Shima Area
- Takasaki, Myogi, Tomioka Area
- Maebashi, Akagi, Kiryu, Ota, Tatebayashi Area
Copyright © Bureau of Tourism, GUNMA Prefectural Government All Rights Reserved.