This onsen resort is one of the highest onsen resorts in Japan as it is located at 1,760 meters above sea level. For this reason the view from the open-air bath is outstanding. A feature of this onsen is the color of milky white. Renowned as a symbol of Manza Onsen, "Karabuki" jets volcanic gas containing steam from between the rocks. Visitors can also enjoy skiing at nearby ski grounds in winter.
- Location: Hoshimata, Tsumagoi-mura, Agatsuma-gun, Gunma
- Tel：+81-279-97-2152 （Manza Onsen Tourism Association）
- ▼Spring Quality: Acid spring, sulfur spring
▼Eiicacy: General indications, cuts, chronic skin diseases,chronic women's diseases, arteriosclerosis, hypertension, diabetes
- ・ About 45 minutes by bus from Manza-Kazawaguchi Station on JR Agatsuma Line
・ About 1 hour 20 minutes by car from Usui-Karuizawa IC of Joshin-Etsu Expressway via Onioshi Highway and Manza Highway
・ About 1 hour 50 minutes by car from Shibukawa-Ikaho IC of Kan-Etsu Expressway via Nakanojo and Manza Highway
※Onioshi Highway and Manza Highway are toll roads.
Visitor experiences* The information below is quoted from that of TripAdvisor.
Search by Area
- Kusatsu, Manza, Kita-Karuizawa Area
- Minakami, Oze, Numata Area
- Ikaho, Haruna Area
- Shima Area
- Takasaki, Myogi, Tomioka Area
- Maebashi, Akagi, Kiryu, Ota, Tatebayashi Area
Copyright © Bureau of Tourism, GUNMA Prefectural Government All Rights Reserved.