This onsen resort is one of the highest onsen resorts in Japan as it is located at 1,760 meters above sea level. For this reason, the view from the open-air bath is outstanding. A feature of this onsen is the color of milky white. Renowned as a symbol of Manza Onsen, "Karabuki" jets volcanic gas containing steam from between the rocks. Visitors can also enjoy skiing at nearby ski grounds in winter.
- Hoshimata, Tsumagoi-mura, Agatsuma-gun, Gunma
- Mapcode: 341 466 704*66
- ・ Take the Seibu Kanko Bus from the north entrance of the Manza-Kazawaguchi Station on JR Agatsuma Line Platform 1 or 4 headed for Manza-bus-terminal for about 1 hour 45 minutes. Get off at Manza-bus-terminal.
* Only 2 buses will leave from Platform 1 during the winter season.
・ About 1 hour 20 minutes by car from Usui-Karuizawa IC of Joshin-Etsu Expressway via Onioshi Highway and Manza Highway
・ About 1 hour 50 minutes by car from Shibukawa-Ikaho IC of Kan-Etsu Expressway via Nakanojo and Manza Highway
* Onioshi Highway and Manza Highway are toll roads.
- ▼Spring quality: Acidic spring, sulfur spring
▼Benefits: General healing, cuts, chronic skin conditions, chronic women's issues, arteriosclerosis, hypertension, and diabetes
- * Road Closure in Winter- Section: From Okumanza bus stop to the intersection with National Route 292 in Hoshimata, Tsumagoi-mura, Agatsuma-gunDuration: 1:00 PM on Wednesday, November 13, 2019 - 10:00 AM on Friday, April 24, 2020- Section: From the border between Nagano and Gunma to the Manza Residents Center in Hoshimata, Tsumagoi-mura, Agatsuma-gunDuration: 3:00 PM on Wednesday, November 13, 2019 - 10:00 AM on Friday, April 24, 2020
- Final day of update: June 26, 2020