This onsen resort is one of the highest onsen resorts in Japan as it is located at 1,760 meters above sea level. For this reason the view from the open-air bath is outstanding. A feature of this onsen is the color of milky white. Renowned as a symbol of Manza Onsen, "Karabuki" jets volcanic gas containing steam from between the rocks. Visitors can also enjoy skiing at nearby ski grounds in winter.
- Location: Hoshimata, Tsumagoi-mura, Agatsuma-gun, Gunma
- Tel：+81-279-97-2152 （Manza Onsen Tourism Association）
- ▼Spring Quality: Acid spring, sulfur spring
▼Eiicacy: General indications, cuts, chronic skin diseases,chronic women's diseases, arteriosclerosis, hypertension, diabetes
- ・ About 45 minutes by bus from Manza-Kazawaguchi Station on JR Agatsuma Line
・ About 1 hour 20 minutes by car from Usui-Karuizawa IC of Joshin-Etsu Expressway via Onioshi Highway and Manza Highway
・ About 1 hour 50 minutes by car from Shibukawa-Ikaho IC of Kan-Etsu Expressway via Nakanojo and Manza Highway
※Onioshi Highway and Manza Highway are toll roads.
Website (Manza Onsen Tourism Association): http://www.manzaonsen.gr.jp/index.php
- Released by Manza Onsen Tourism Association (January 23)
Manza Onsen Area is outside of the restricted area as it is located 3.2 kilometers away from the Kagamiike Pond area on Mt. Motoshiranesan. At present, there has been no effect from the eruption.
for more about Tsumagoi Village☆
Visitor experiences* The information below is quoted from that of TripAdvisor.
Search by Area
- Kusatsu, Manza, Kita-Karuizawa Area
- Minakami, Oze, Numata Area
- Ikaho, Haruna Area
- Shima Area
- Takasaki, Myogi, Tomioka Area
- Maebashi, Akagi, Kiryu, Ota, Tatebayashi Area
Copyright © Bureau of Tourism, GUNMA Prefectural Government All Rights Reserved.