Gunma Insect World
A village forest with rice paddies, swamps, thickets, and mulberry fields are reproduced in this 48-hectare area. Visitors can learn about the world of insects including butterlies, dragonflies, rhinceros beetles, and stag beetles throughout the year. The facility offers hands-on outdoors experience to observe, search for and learn about insects.
- Location: 460-1 Tsurugaya, Niisato-cho, Kiryu-shi, Gunma
- Tel：+81-277-74-6441 (Gunma Insect World)
- Open: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM (April to October), 9:30 AM to 16:30 PM (November to March) * Last entrance: 30 minutes before the closing time
- ▼Closed: Mondays (the following day if falls on a holiday), New Year Holidays (December 25 to January 5)
* There are temporal closing for maintenance.
・ Individuals: 410 yen for adults, 200 yen for university students and high school students
・ Groups (over 20 persons): 320 yen for adults, 160 yen for university students and high school students
・ Free for junior high school students and younger
- ・ About 10 minutes by taxi from Akagi Station on Tobu Railway Kiryu Line
・ About 20 minutes by car from Isesaki IC of Kita-Kanto Expressway
Visitor experiences* The information below is quoted from that of TripAdvisor.
Search by Area
- Kusatsu, Manza, Kita-Karuizawa Area
- Minakami, Oze, Numata Area
- Ikaho, Haruna Area
- Shima Area
- Takasaki, Myogi, Tomioka Area
- Maebashi, Akagi, Kiryu, Ota, Tatebayashi Area
Copyright © Bureau of Tourism, GUNMA Prefectural Government All Rights Reserved.