Known as "Yabakei (a famous gorge in Oita Prefecture) in Kanto region", this gorge holds a spectacular vista especially by fresh green and azaleas in spring to early summer and by the foliage in autumn. You can also enjoy the trolley trains of Watarase Keikoku Railway that runs along Watarase River.
- Location: Omama, Midori City, Gunma
- Tel：+81-27-776-1270 (Tourism Division, Midori City)
- ▼Best time to see autumnal foliage: Early to mid-November
- About 10 minutes on foot from Omama Station on Watarase Keikoku Railway
Search by Area
- Kusatsu, Manza, Kita-Karuizawa Area
- Minakami, Oze, Numata Area
- Ikaho, Haruna Area
- Shima Area
- Takasaki, Myogi, Tomioka Area
- Maebashi, Akagi, Kiryu, Ota, Tatebayashi Area
Copyright © Bureau of Tourism, GUNMA Prefectural Government All Rights Reserved.