This atelier makes Takasaki Daruma doll, which boasts a 200-year history and tradition. The quantity of Daruma dolls produced in Gunma Prefecture is the largest in Japan. Symbols of longevity, cranes (eyebrows) and turtles (mustache) are painted on Takasaki Daruma dolls, which are known as good luck charms. Visitors can make an original Daruma doll by painting the eyebrows and mustache.
- Location: 124-2 Fujitzuka-machi, Takasaki-shi, Gunma
- Tel：+81-27-323-5223 (Daimonya)
- Open: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- ▼Open 365 days
- ・ About 10 minutes by bus from JR Takasaki Station
・ About 15 minutes by car from Takasaki IC of Kan-Etsu Expressway
Search by Area
- Kusatsu, Manza, Kita-Karuizawa Area
- Minakami, Oze, Numata Area
- Ikaho, Haruna Area
- Shima Area
- Takasaki, Myogi, Tomioka Area
- Maebashi, Akagi, Kiryu, Ota, Tatebayashi Area
Copyright © Bureau of Tourism, GUNMA Prefectural Government All Rights Reserved.