It is one of the three scenic spots in Japan. The fantastically shaped rocks sculpt dramatic forms of natural beauty and offer various attractive landscapes throughout the seasons. Mt. Myogisan can be viewed with pleasure from afar or enjoyed by climbing its steep slopes, so that it is loved by photographers and mountaineers. From mid-April to mid-May, 5,000 cherry trees of some 45 varieties can be enjoyed at "Sakura no Sato" at the southern foot of Mt. Myogisan.
- Location: Myogi-machi, Tomioka-shi, Annaka-shi and Shimonita-matchi, Kanra-gun, Gunma
- Tel：+81-274-62-1511 (Tourism Division, Tomioka City) +81-27-382-9066 (Commerce and Tourism Division, Annaka City) +81-274-82-2111 (Commerce and Tourism Division, Shimonita Town)
- ▼Altitude: 1,104 m
▼Best time to see autumnal foliage: early November to late November
- ・ About 15 minutes by taxi from Matsuida Station on JR Shin-Etsu Line
・ About 5 minutes by car from Matsuida-Myogi IC of Joshin-Etsu Expressway
Visitor experiences* The information below is quoted from that of TripAdvisor.
Search by Area
- Kusatsu, Manza, Kita-Karuizawa Area
- Minakami, Oze, Numata Area
- Ikaho, Haruna Area
- Shima Area
- Takasaki, Myogi, Tomioka Area
- Maebashi, Akagi, Kiryu, Ota, Tatebayashi Area
Copyright © Bureau of Tourism, GUNMA Prefectural Government All Rights Reserved.