Castle Town Obata
The ambiance of the castle town of the Obata clan, which was ruled by Oda family (a famous samurai family) during the Edo period, is preserved here. The castle town was developed along a waterway called "Ogawazeki", which is one of the 100 most beautiful waters in Japan. It is also famous for the cherry trees lining the streets, and the Castle Town Obata Cherry Blossom Festival with Warrior Procession is held every April.
- Location: Obata, Kanra-machi, Kanra-gun, Gunma
- Tel：+81-274-74-3131 (Promotion Division, Kanra Town)
- ▼Best time to see cherry blossom: early to mid-April
- ・ About 10 minutes by taxi from Joshu-Fukushima Station on Joshin Dentetsu
・ About 10 minutes by car from Tomioka IC of Joshin-Etsu Expressway
Search by Area
- Kusatsu, Manza, Kita-Karuizawa Area
- Minakami, Oze, Numata Area
- Ikaho, Haruna Area
- Shima Area
- Takasaki, Myogi, Tomioka Area
- Maebashi, Akagi, Kiryu, Ota, Tatebayashi Area
Copyright © Bureau of Tourism, GUNMA Prefectural Government All Rights Reserved.