Spectacular scenery with unusually shaped rocks and waterfalls extends for about 3.5 km along both banks of Agatsuma River. The river weaves through this gorge, which is home to a beautiful deciduous forest. It is especially striking in mid-April when mitsuba-tsutsuji azaleas bloom, in May during the new greenery, and from late October through early November when autumn leaves are at their best.
- Matsuya, Higashiagatsuma-machi and Kawarayu, Naganohara-machi, Agatsuma-gun, Gunma
- Mapcode: 295 521 117*71
- About 5 minutes on foot from Kawarayu-Onsen Station on JR Agatsuma Line
- ▼Best time to see autumn foliage: Mid-October to early November
- * During winter season Monday, December 2, 2019 through early April, 2020), the trail around Agatsuma Gorge is closed.
- Final day of update: June 30, 2020