Spectacular scenery with unusually shaped rocks and waterfalls extends for about 3.5 km along both banks of Agatsuma River. The river weaves through this gorge, which is home to a beautiful deciduous forest. It is especially striking in mid-April when mitsuba-tsutsuji azaleas bloom, in May during the new greenery, and from late October through early November when autumnal leaves are at their best.
- Location: Matsuya, Higashiagatsuma-machi and Kawarayu, Naganohara-machi, Agatsuma-gun, Gunma
- Tel：+81-279-68-2111 (Industry Division, Higashiagatsuma Town) +81-279-82-2244 (Construction Industry Division, Naganohara Town)
- ▼Best time to see autumnal foliage: Mid-October to early November
- About 5 minutes on foot from Kawarayu-Onsen Statoin on JR Agatsuma Line
Visitor experiences* The information below is quoted from that of TripAdvisor.
Search by Area
- Kusatsu, Manza, Kita-Karuizawa Area
- Minakami, Oze, Numata Area
- Ikaho, Haruna Area
- Shima Area
- Takasaki, Myogi, Tomioka Area
- Maebashi, Akagi, Kiryu, Ota, Tatebayashi Area
Copyright © Bureau of Tourism, GUNMA Prefectural Government All Rights Reserved.