This is a lake formed by a dam located at 1,513 m above sea level and circled by 2,000 m high mountains. Located amidst of environment with an abundant variety of mountains, lake water, marshes, and grasslands, about 300 species of alpine plants brighten up the lakeshore in each season.
- Location: Iriyama, Nakanojo-machi, Agatsuma-gun, Gunma
- Tel：+81-279-95-3111 (Kuni Branch Office, Nakanojo Town)
- ▼Best time to see autumnal foliage: Mid-September to mid-October
▼Best time to see Japanese azalea: Mid-June to early July
▼Best time to see Nozori-kisuge: Mid- to late July
- ・ About70 minutes by bus from Naganoharakusatsuguchi Station on JR Agatsuma Line
・ About 2 hours 15 minutes by car from Shibukawa-Ikaho IC of Kan-Etsu Expressway
Website (Nakanojo Town Tourism Association):
* Road Closure in Winter
Section: Wakobara Area to Lake Nozoriko
Duration: 3:00 PM on Wednesday, December 1, 2017 - 10:00 AM on Friday, April 20, 2018
Visitor experiences* The information below is quoted from that of TripAdvisor.
Search by Area
- Kusatsu, Manza, Kita-Karuizawa Area
- Minakami, Oze, Numata Area
- Ikaho, Haruna Area
- Shima Area
- Takasaki, Myogi, Tomioka Area
- Maebashi, Akagi, Kiryu, Ota, Tatebayashi Area
Copyright © Bureau of Tourism, GUNMA Prefectural Government All Rights Reserved.