Gunma Astronomical Observatory
The observatory houses one of the world's largest reflecting telescopes for directly viewing objects, and offers a glimpse into the mysteries of the universe. Takayama Village has enacted the Luminous Environment Ordinance to ensure that beautiful night skies can be enjoyed.
- Location: 6860-86 Nakayama, Takayama-mura, Agatsuma-gun, Gunma
- Tel：+81-279-70-5300 (Gunma Astronominal Observatory)
- Open: ・ Summer (March to October) : [Facility Tour] Wednesday - Sunday 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM [Star Watching] Friday - Sunday 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM ・ Winter (November to February) : [Facility Tour] Wednesday - Sunday 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM [Star Watching] Friday - Sunday 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM * Last entrance: 30 minutes before the closing time. * The astronomical observation on Wednesday through Friday is for group reservations only.
- ▼Parking: Free (80 cars and 8 buses)
▼Closed: Monday (following day if falls on a holiday), New Year Holidays (December 27 through January 5)
・ Individuals: 300 yen for adults, 200 yen for university and high school students
・ Groups (over 20 persons): 240 yen for adults, 160 yen for university and high school students
・ Free for junior high school students and younger
・ Free for disabled guest and one caregiver (Must show a Physical Disability Certificate)
- ・ About 25 minutes by taxi from Shibukawa Station or Numata Station on JR Joetsu Line
・ About 25 minutes by taxi from Jomo-Kogen Station on JR Joetsu Shinkansen
・ About 25 minutes by car from Shibukawa-Ikaho IC of Kan-Etsu Expressway
Visitor experiences* The information below is quoted from that of TripAdvisor.
Search by Area
- Kusatsu, Manza, Kita-Karuizawa Area
- Minakami, Oze, Numata Area
- Ikaho, Haruna Area
- Shima Area
- Takasaki, Myogi, Tomioka Area
- Maebashi, Akagi, Kiryu, Ota, Tatebayashi Area
Copyright © Bureau of Tourism, GUNMA Prefectural Government All Rights Reserved.