Mt. Harunasan is one of Jomo-Sanzan, three famous mountains in Gunma and a treasure house of leisure activities centered around Lake Harunako. Mt. Haruna-fuji can easily be climbed by ropeway. Moreover, with its cherry trees, azaleas, daylilies, autumnal foliage and more, the area all around the lake is strikingly beautiful. Hiking and bicycling are among the popular activities. Boating can also be enjoyed on the lake.
- Location: Harunako-machi, Takasaki-shi, Gunma
- Tel：+81-27-374-5111 (Haruna Tourism Association)
- ▼Altitude: 1,449 m
*A pleasure boat and rowing boats are on service at Lake Harunako.
- ・ About 1 hour 30 minutes by bus from JR Takasaki Station
・ About 1 hour 10 minutes by car from Takasaki IC of Kan-Etsu Expressway
Visitor experiences* The information below is quoted from that of TripAdvisor.
Search by Area
- Kusatsu, Manza, Kita-Karuizawa Area
- Minakami, Oze, Numata Area
- Ikaho, Haruna Area
- Shima Area
- Takasaki, Myogi, Tomioka Area
- Maebashi, Akagi, Kiryu, Ota, Tatebayashi Area
Copyright © Bureau of Tourism, GUNMA Prefectural Government All Rights Reserved.