At 1,977 meters, Mt. Tanigawadake is the highest mountain in the Tanigawa mountain range. A scenic spot called "Ichinokurasawa" at the eastern foot of the mountain is a mecca for rock climbers. A 15-minute ride on the ropeway will take you up to Tenjindaira at an elevation of 1,321 meters for a splendid panoramic view.
- Location: Yubiso, Minakami-machi, Tone-gun, Gunma
- Tel：+81-278-25-5017 (Tourism Division, Minakami Town)
- ▼Altitude: 1,977 m
Weekdays 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (April - November)
Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Except for December 29 - January 4)
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM (December - March)
・ Duration: About 15 minutes for one-way (The gondola departs the station at intervals of 2 minutes.)
- Individuals: 1,230 yen for one-way and 2,060 yen for round trip for adults
620 yen for one-way and 1,030 yen for round trip for children
- Groups (15-50 persons): 1,170 yen for one-way and 1,960 yen for round trip for adults
590 yen for one-way and 980 yen for round trip for children
- Groups (51-100 persons): 1,110 yen for one-way and 1,850 yen for round trip for adults
560 yen for one-way and 930 yen for round trip for children
- Groups (over 101 persons): 1,050 yen for one-way and 1,750 yen for round trip for adults
530 yen for one-way and 880 yen for round trip for children
- Tourist Lift fee (only operates in the summertime): 400 yen for one-way and 720 yen for round trip
- ・ About 50 minutes by bus from Jomo-Kogen Station on JR Joetsu Shinkansen
・ About 25 minutes by bus from Minakami Station on JR Joetsu Line
・ About 25 minutes by car from Minakami IC of Kan-Etsu Expressway
About 10 minutes by ropeway from Doaiguchi Station to Tenjindaira
Website (Tanigawadake Ropeway): http://www.tanigawadake-rw.com/ropeway/
* Traffic restriction is implemented on the road from Doaiguchi ropeway station to Ichinokurasawa. Also, this road is closed during winter season (10:00 AM on Monday, November 16, 2015 - 10:00 AM on Friday, May 27, 2016).
for more about Minakami Town☆
Visitor experiences* The information below is quoted from that of TripAdvisor.
Search by Area
- Kusatsu, Manza, Kita-Karuizawa Area
- Minakami, Oze, Numata Area
- Ikaho, Haruna Area
- Shima Area
- Takasaki, Myogi, Tomioka Area
- Maebashi, Akagi, Kiryu, Ota, Tatebayashi Area
Copyright © Bureau of Tourism, GUNMA Prefectural Government All Rights Reserved.