From September through November, you can enjoy wakasagi boat fishing at Lake Onuma on Mt. Akagi-yama. We especially recommend wakasagi ice fishing in the winter. In January, you can drill a hole through the completely frozen Lake Onuma surface and drop down a line to fish for wakasagi. Fishing rods, simple tents, and other equipment can be rented at stores on the shores of the lake. The average temperature by the lake is very cold at 10–15⁰C below zero during the winter. Make sure to dress warmly.
- Akagisan, Fujimi-machi, Maebashi-shi, Gunma
- Mapcode: 261 457 378*74
- ・Take the Kan-etsu Transportation Bus from Platform 6 on Maebashi Station on JR Ryomo Line headed for Akagiyama-visitor-center for about 1 hour 25 minutes. You can also take the Kan-etsu Transportation Bus directly headed for Akagiyama-visitor-center for about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes.
Nearest bus stop:
- If renting equipment at Aoki Ryokan→Numajiri Koseidanchi-iriguchi bus stop
- IIf renting equipment at shopping street side (Aoki annex, Bandy Shiobara, Green-so, Soyama Shoten, Meigetsukan)→Akagihiroba-mae bus stop
・About 1 hour by car from the Kan-etsu Expressway Akagi IC
- Boat fishing (September–November) 7:00 AM–4:00 PM Wakasagi ice fishing (Around January–March) 7:00 AM–4:00 PM
・December through early January
・Fishing license: 700 yen (junior high school and under are free)
- Fishing rod set: 1,000 yen (rod, lure, and bait)
- Special fishing rod set: 1,500 yen (special rod, lure, and bait)
- Ice drill: 1,000 yen (1 hour)
Rentals of other items like chairs and tents (1-person: 1,500 yen; 2-person: 2,500 yen) are also available.
Note: We recommend renting a tent on windy days.
- Final day of update: August 19, 2020