Takumi no Sato
Takumi no Sato is a traditional craft experience facility located in Sukawadaira, which is made up of four small villages.
Over twenty workshops with hands-on experiences under the name of Takumi House are scattered through the area that features agricultural scenes.
In additional to craft experiences like woodworking, bamboo working, and Japanese papermaking, there are also chances to experience making soba noodles and konjac.
Visitors can also enjoy seasonal fruit picking, as Takumi no Sato has an apple orchards and strawberry garden.
- 847 Sugawa, Minakami-machi, Tone-gun, Gunma
- Mapcode: 183 694 131*02
- ・ Take the Kan-etsu Kotsu Bus from Platform 3 in front of the Jomo-Kogen Station on the JR Joetsu Shinkansen headed for Sarugakyo for about 20 minutes. Get off at Takumi no Sato.
・ About 20 minutes by car from Tsukiyono IC of Kan-Etsu Expressway
- 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (till 4:00 PM during early November to mid-March)
- ▼Parking: Free (164 cars and 14 buses)
▼Features: Trails of stone paintings, cloisonné works, glass works, bells, bamboo works, carpentry, masks, straw works, pottery, Japanese paper etc.
▼Closed: January 1 (Except for the shop and the restaurant in Horaku-kan)
*Closures may vary by workshop facility (Takumi House)
▼Fee: Vary according to trials
*Reservation required for groups.
- Final day of update: April 3, 2020