Takumi no Sato
Ateliers for straw work, pottery, and bamboo work are scattered throughout this scenically situated mountain village. Take a stroll through this popular tourist spot and see artisan craftsmanship and even experience making traditional craftworks originating in ancient Japan.
- Location: 847 Sugawa, Minakami-machi, Tone-gun, Gunma
- Tel：+81-278-64-2210 (Horakukan: Takumi no Sato General Information Center)
- Open: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (till 4:00 PM during early November to mid-March)
- ▼Parking: Free (164 cars and 14 buses)
▼Features: Trails of stone paintings, cloisonne works, glass works, bells, bamboo works, carpentry, masks, straw works, pottery, Japanese paper etc.
▼Closed: January 1 (Except for the shop and the restaurant in Horaku-kan)
* Closures may vary by workshop facility (Takumi House)
▼Fee: Vary according to trials
*Reservation required for groups.
- ・ Take the Kan-etsu Kotsu Bus from Platform 3 in front of the Jomo-Kogen Station on the JR Joetsu Shinkansen headed for Sarugakyo for about 20 minutes. Get off at Takumi no Sato.
・ About 20 minutes by car from Tsukiyono IC of Kan-Etsu Expressway
Visitor experiences* The information below is quoted from that of TripAdvisor.
Search by Area
- Kusatsu, Manza, Kita-Karuizawa Area
- Minakami, Oze, Numata Area
- Ikaho, Haruna Area
- Shima Area
- Takasaki, Myogi, Tomioka Area
- Maebashi, Akagi, Kiryu, Ota, Tatebayashi Area
Copyright © Bureau of Tourism, GUNMA Prefectural Government All Rights Reserved.