This Zen temple was built around 1450. The view of the “floor maples,” maple trees reflected in the highly polished floors of the main building, are best enjoying during the limited periods of the new greenery of May or the autumn foliage of November.
- 5-1608 Kawauchi-cho, Kiryu-shi, Gunma
- Mapcode: 261 113 845*10
- ・ About 30 minutes by car from the Kita-Kanto Expressway Ota-Kiryu IC
・ Take the Orihime Bus Kawauchi Line from the north exit of Kiryu Station on JR Ryomo Line for about 25 minutes. Get off at Hotokuji-iriguchi.
- Session 1: Monday, October 19 through Friday, November 13, 2020 Hours: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM Session 2: Saturday, November 14 through Sunday, November 29, 2020 Hours: 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- ▼Parking fee:
・Floor maples in Spring: 300 yen for a car, 5,000 yen for a bus
・Floor maples in Autumn: 500 yen for car, 200 yen for motorcycle, 5,000 yen for bus *During the event, there is temporary parking with a free shuttle bus
・Floor maples in Spring: Adult 500 yen, high school age 300 yen, and free for junior high school age and younger
・Floor maples in Autumn:
- Session 1: “Floor maples” at the pond side of the main building
500 yen, and free for high school age and younger
- Session 2: “Floor maples” at the front of the main building
1,000 yen, and free for high school age and younger
- Final day of update: October 19, 2020