Tambara Lavender Park
About 50,000 lavender shrubs are planted on the ski slopes. During the peak season from mid-July to mid-August, a brilliant carpet of purple flowers in full bloom covers the slopes. The purple lavender carpet can be enjoyed also from the ski lift.
- Tambara Kogen, Numata-shi, Gunma
- Mapcode: 540 399 160*82
- ・ About 50 minutes by taxi from the Numata Station on the JR Joetsu Line
・ Take the Kan-etsu Kotsu Tambara Lavender Park Shuttle Bus from Platform 4 in front of the Numata Station on the JR Joetsu Line headed for Tambara-center-house for about 50 minutes. Get off at Tambara-lavender-park.
You can also take the Kashozan Line headed for Tambara-center-house for about 70 minutes. Get off at Tambara-lavender-park.
* The shuttle bus only operates from July 13 through August 15, 2019. When the shuttle bus is not operational, take the Saturday, Sunday, and holiday limited Kashozan Line bus.
・ About 30 minutes by car from Numata IC of Kan-Etsu Expressway
- Scheduled on Saturday, July 4 through Sunday, August 30, 2020 8:30 Am - 4:30 PM (last entrance at 3:45 PM) * Dates and times may change due to the condition of the flowers. Lift: 8:30 AM–3:45 PM (ascending), 8:30 AM–4:15 PM (descending)
- Open 7 days a week during the opening period
- ▼Parking: Free (1,500 cars and buses)
▼Best time to see lavender: Mid-July to mid-August
・ For entrance:
- Adult (junior high school age and older): 1,200 yen
- Child (elementary school age and younger): free
・ Summer lift:
- Adult: 500 yen for one-way, 900 yen for round-trip
- Elementary school age: 400 yen for one-way, 600 yen for round-trip
- Under elementary school age: free
- Final day of update: June 26, 2020