Tambara Lavender Park
About 50,000 lavender shrubs are planted on the ski slopes. During the peak season from mid-July to mid-August, a brilliant carpet of purple flowers in full bloom covers the slopes. The purple lavender carpet can be enjoyed also from the ski lift.
- Location: Tambara Kogen, Numata-shi, Gunma
- Tel：+81-278-23-9311 (Tambara Lavender Park)
- Open: Saturday, June 24 - Sunday, September 3, 2017 8:30 Am - 5:00 PM (Last entrance: 4:30 PM) * Dates and times may change due to the condition of the flowers.
- ▼Parking: Free (1,500 cars and buses)
▼Closed: Open 7 days a week during the opening period
▼Best time to see lavender: Mid-July to mid-August
▼Admission: 800 - 1,200 yenfor junior high school students and older, 300 - 500 yen for elementary school students, free for children under elementary school age
* Fee may change depending on the blooming condition.
* Disabled guests: free for (Must show a Physical Disability Certificate)
* One free adult entrance with a day pass from the 2016-2017 Tambara Ski Park Lift
Summer lift prices:
- Woody Line (Operates from Saturday, July 1 through Sunday, August 27, 2017)
Round-trip: 800 yen for adults, 600 yen for elementary school students
One way: 500 yen for adults, 350 yen for elementary school students
- Lavender Line: (Operates from Saturday, July 15 through Sunday, August 13, 2017)]
500 yen for adults, 350 yen for elementary school students
Free for children under elementary school age
- ・ About 50 minutes by bus or 40 minutes by taxi from Numata Station on JR Joetsu Line
・ About 30 minutes by car from Numata IC of Kan-Etsu Expressway
Visitor experiences* The information below is quoted from that of TripAdvisor.
Search by Area
- Kusatsu, Manza, Kita-Karuizawa Area
- Minakami, Oze, Numata Area
- Ikaho, Haruna Area
- Shima Area
- Takasaki, Myogi, Tomioka Area
- Maebashi, Akagi, Kiryu, Ota, Tatebayashi Area
Copyright © Bureau of Tourism, GUNMA Prefectural Government All Rights Reserved.