- Kiryu Shinmachi Important Preservation Districts for Groups of Traditional Buildings
Kiryu Shinmachi Important Preservation Districts for Groups of Traditional Buildings
Kiryu Shinmachi was built over 400 years ago in the Edo Period under the command of Tokugawa Ieyasu. Starting with Kiryu Tenmangu, the town is still home to many historical buildings such as saw-toothed roof factories, textile storehouses, and other traditional buildings. This has led it to be designated an Important Preservation Districts for Groups of Traditional Buildings.
- Location: 1-7-7 Honcho, Kiryu-shi, Gunma (Denken Machinaka Koryukan)
- ・ About 15 minutes by car from the Kita-Kanto Expressway Ota-Yabuzuka IC
Note: There is a nearby paid parking lot.
・ About 20 minutes on foot from the Kiryu Station on the JR Ryomo Line
Search by Area
- Kusatsu, Manza, Kita-Karuizawa Area
- Minakami, Oze, Numata Area
- Ikaho, Haruna Area
- Shima Area
- Takasaki, Myogi, Tomioka Area
- Maebashi, Akagi, Kiryu, Ota, Tatebayashi Area
Copyright © Bureau of Tourism, GUNMA Prefectural Government All Rights Reserved.