This shrine is located on the banks of Lake Ono on Mt. Akagi-yama. It enshrines Akagi Daimyojin, the god of the lake of Mt. Akagi-yama, and has long been known around Japan as a place for women to offer prayers.
Visitors can enjoy the natural beauty Onuma throughout the seasons including azaleas from May through June, daylilies in July, autumn leaves in October, and ice formations in the winter.
- Location: 4-2 Akagisan, Fujimi-machi, Maebashi-shi, Gunma
- ・ Take the Kan-etsu Kotsu Bus from JR Ryomo Line Maebashi Station Platform 6 headed for Akagiyama-visitor-center for about 1 hour 5 minutes. You can also take the Kan-etsu Kotsu Bus directly headed for Akagiyama-visitor-center for about 1 hour 5 minutes. About 10 minutes on foot after getting off at Akagi-hiroba.
・ About 1 hour from the Kan-Etsu Expressway Akagi IC
Search by Area
- Kusatsu, Manza, Kita-Karuizawa Area
- Minakami, Oze, Numata Area
- Ikaho, Haruna Area
- Shima Area
- Takasaki, Myogi, Tomioka Area
- Maebashi, Akagi, Kiryu, Ota, Tatebayashi Area
Copyright © Bureau of Tourism, GUNMA Prefectural Government All Rights Reserved.