Fukiware-no-taki Falls with a drop from seven meters high and 30 meters wide are a popular tourist spot as one million people visit each year. The rapid stream gushing down from both sides and hitting the river bottom is a spectacular sight. Seen form the bedrock above them, the falls make a powerful impression. The autumnal foliage is also a must-see.
- Location: Okkai, Tone-machi, Numata-shi, Gunma
- Tel：+81-278-56-2111 (Commerce and Industry Promotion Division, Development Bureau of Tone Town, Numata CIty)
- ・ Take the Kan-etsu Kotsu Bus from Platform 1 in front of the Numata Station on the JR Joetsu Line headed for Kamata or Oshimizu for about 40 to 45 minutes. Get off at Fukiware Falls.
・ About 30 minutes by car from Numata IC of Kan-Etsu Expressway
Visitor experiences* The information below is quoted from that of TripAdvisor.
Search by Area
- Kusatsu, Manza, Kita-Karuizawa Area
- Minakami, Oze, Numata Area
- Ikaho, Haruna Area
- Shima Area
- Takasaki, Myogi, Tomioka Area
- Maebashi, Akagi, Kiryu, Ota, Tatebayashi Area
Copyright © Bureau of Tourism, GUNMA Prefectural Government All Rights Reserved.