Shimonita katsudon is different than your typical fried cutlet bowl with egg or sauce. This is a light-flavored dish that takes the fried cutlet and dips it in a soy-based sauce. It's said that it was seen on restaurant menus in Shimonita and eaten as early as the late Taisho era.
- Location: Downtown Shimonita, Kanra-gun, Gunma
- ・ About 10 minutes by car from the Joshin-Etsu Expressway Shimonita IC
・ About 5 minutes on foot from the Shimonita Station on the Joshin Dentetsu
Search by Area
- Kusatsu, Manza, Kita-Karuizawa Area
- Minakami, Oze, Numata Area
- Ikaho, Haruna Area
- Shima Area
- Takasaki, Myogi, Tomioka Area
- Maebashi, Akagi, Kiryu, Ota, Tatebayashi Area
Copyright © Bureau of Tourism, GUNMA Prefectural Government All Rights Reserved.