Kanna Dinosaur Center
The Kanna Dinosaur Center not only lets visitors see local Kanna fossils, but also around two hundred displays and an outdoor, twelve-meter-long Tyrannosaurus skeleton that they can touch and climb on.
Also, near the first reported fossilized dinosaur footprints in Japan is a fossil digging experience.
- 51-2 Oaza-Kagahara, Kanna-machi, Tano-gun, Gunma
- Mapcode: 247 008 595*54
- ・ About 1 hour and 20 minutes by car from the Kan-Etsu Expressway Fujioka IC
・ Take the Nippon Chuo Bus Okutano Line from the Gumma-Fujioka Station on the JR Hachiko Line for about 1 hour and 35 minutes. Get off at Kyoryu-center.
- 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (last entrance at 4:30 PM)
(the following day if falls on a holiday or an observed holiday)
- Adult: 800 yen
- Child (elementary and junior high school age): 500 yen
・ Group (20 persons):
- Adult: 750 yen
- Child: 450 yen
▼The fossil digging experience and fossilized dinosaur footprints are about 3 kilometers from the Dinosaur Center.
- Final day of update: April 3, 2020