Mizukikokan Roadside Station
This roadside station is located along the pure waters of Tone River near the Suwakyo Gorge, which is a great spot for viewing cherry blossoms in the spring and fall leaves in autumn.
In addition to a farmers’ market it also features an aquatic life center that raises and displays freshwater creatures that live in Tone River.
- 1681-1 Yubara, Minakami-machi, Tone-gun, Gunma
- Mapcode: 554 356 345*50
- ・ About 5 minutes by car from the Kan-Etsu Expressway Minakami IC
・ Take the Kan-etsu Kotsu Bus from Platform 1 at the Jomo-Kogen Station on the JR Joetsu Shinkansen headed for Tanigawadake Ropeway or Minakami Sta. for about 15 minutes. Get off at Shogakko-shita.
・ About 25 minutes by Kan-Etsu Kotsu Minakami Onsen Wakuwaku Bus from Minakami Station on the JR Joetsu Line. Get off at Mizukikokan.
Note: Minakami Onsen Wakuwaku Bus days of operation:
Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays from late July through November 30, 2020
The bus also operates every day from August 1 through August 31.
- ・ Shop, snacks, and tourist info: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM ・ Aquatic life center: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (last entrance at 4:30 PM)
- ・ Shop: Open 365 days
・ Aquatic life center: The fourth Tuesday (July through October), the second and fourth Tuesdays (November through June)
- ▼Parking: Free (140 cars, 8 buses)
▼Admission (Aquatic life center):
- Adults: 350 yen
- High school age: 250 yen
- Elementary and junior high school age: 150 yen
- Pre-school age: free
- Final day of update: April 3, 2020