Chatsubomi Moss Park
Deep-green colored chatsubomi moss loves highly acidic water and grows naturally at Anajigoku, a hollow where an acidic spring bubbles forth from what was once an iron ore deposit. It’s rare enough to find such extensive growth of the moss in Japan, and this park in Nakanojo is the only place it grows in Honshu. Come enjoy the moss along with the new greenery of early summer.
- Location: 13-3 Oaza Iriyama, Nakanojo-machi, Agatsuma-gun, Gunma
- Open: Friday, April 27 through the end of October, 2018 Hours: 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM
- ▼Entrance fee: Adult: 500 yen, Free for elementary age and younger
- About 2 hours from the Kan-Etsu Expressway Shibukawa-Ikaho IC
Website(Chatsubomi Moss Park): http://chatsubomigoke.web.fc2.com/
Note: Closed for the winter season (scheduled for Saturday, December 1, 2018 through Saturday, April 27, 2019.
Search by Area
- Kusatsu, Manza, Kita-Karuizawa Area
- Minakami, Oze, Numata Area
- Ikaho, Haruna Area
- Shima Area
- Takasaki, Myogi, Tomioka Area
- Maebashi, Akagi, Kiryu, Ota, Tatebayashi Area
Copyright © Bureau of Tourism, GUNMA Prefectural Government All Rights Reserved.