Kawaba Den-en Plaza Roadside Station
This roadside station has been ranked as "The Best Roadside Station in Kanto Region" for five years running. In addition to selling lots of regional specialties it features a beer brewery, a bakery, and a shop that makes ham and sausage. Moreover, you can savor the locally made food products, such as hand-made soba prepared with locally produced buckwheat. There is also a lot of fun for the whole family including a blueberry picking field, pottery making and a place where you can board the steam locomotive "D-51". What's more, you can eat onigiri (riceballs) made with "Yukihotaka", the superlative rice from Kawaba Village that has won prizes in numerous contests.
- Location: 385 Hagimuro, Kawaba-mura, Tone-gun, Gunma
- Tel：+81-278-52-3711 (Kawaba Den-en Plaza Roadside Station)
- Open: Differ from store to store
・ Farmers' Market: Open 365 days
・ Hotaka Local Beer Restaurant: Wednesdays
*Opens on January 1.
・ Den-en Plaza Bakery: Wednesdays and Thursdays
*Opens on January 1 and 2.
- ・ About 30 minutes by bus from Numata Station on JR Joetsu Line)
・ About 10 minutes by car from Numata IC of Kan-Etsu Expressway
Visitor experiences* The information below is quoted from that of TripAdvisor.
Search by Area
- Kusatsu, Manza, Kita-Karuizawa Area
- Minakami, Oze, Numata Area
- Ikaho, Haruna Area
- Shima Area
- Takasaki, Myogi, Tomioka Area
- Maebashi, Akagi, Kiryu, Ota, Tatebayashi Area
Copyright © Bureau of Tourism, GUNMA Prefectural Government All Rights Reserved.