Kawaba Den-en Plaza Roadside Station
This roadside station has been ranked as "The Best Roadside Station in Kanto Region" for five years running. In addition to selling lots of regional specialties it features a beer brewery, a bakery, and a shop that makes ham and sausage. Moreover, you can savor the locally made food products, such as hand-made soba prepared with locally produced buckwheat. There is also a lot of fun for the whole family including a blueberry picking field, pottery making and a place where you can board the steam locomotive "D-51". What's more, you can eat onigiri (riceballs) made with "Yukihotaka", the superlative rice from Kawaba Village that has won prizes in numerous contests.
- 385 Hagimuro, Kawaba-mura, Tone-gun, Gunma
- Mapcode: 183 688 068*73
- ・ About 30 minutes by bus from Numata Station on JR Joetsu Line)
・ About 10 minutes by car from Numata IC of Kan-Etsu Expressway
- ・ Farmers' Market: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (until 4:00 PM on December 31 and January 1) ・ Hotaka Local Beer Restaurant: 11:00 AM - 8:30 PM ・ Den-en Plaza Bakery: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- ・ Farmer's market: Open 365 days
・ Beer Restaurant Hotaka: Wednesdays
Note: Will be open for the new year on January 1.
・ Den-en Plaza Bakery: Wednesdays and Thursdays
Note: Will be open for the new year on January 1 and 2 (Thursday).
- Final day of update: April 3, 2020