Takasaki Dye Botanical Garden
The Takasaki Dye Botanical Garden is a natural plant dye theme park created to showcase the wonder and beauty of the dye and weaving culture of Japan passed down from long ago. The park’s main attraction is the dye plant pathway that features many plants representative of the ingredients used anciently to dye clothing and other materials.
The Industrial Art Dye Hall showcases dyed textiles and offers visitors a view of various colors dyed with grass and trees. Plant and indigo dye courses and the Hands-on Dyeing Experience also give guests a chance to feel these naturally made dyes for themselves and enjoy a colorful world outside of time.
- Location: 2302-11 Terao-machi, Takasaki-shi, Gunma
- Open: 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM (9:00 AM to 6:00 PM on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays from April through August. Park entrance open until 30 minutes before closing)
- ▼Parking: Free (170 cars)
▼Closed: Mondays, the day after national holidays (If Monday is a holiday, the park will be open, but closed the following day), and during New Year’s
・ Botanical gardens: Free
・ Industrial Art Dye Hall: (Separate fees apply during exhibitions.)
- Individual prices: Adult 100 yen, High school or college student 80 yen
- Group prices (20 or more): Adult 80 yen, High school or college student 50 yen
- Free for Junior high students and younger, and elders over 65 years old
▼Hands-on Dyeing Experience: (Must pre-register via phone)
・ Days: First and third Wednesdays, Sundays, and holidays (The experience may not be available if it overlaps with other courses or events.)
・ Capacity: 15 people each for indigo dye and plant dyes (first come first serve)
・ Times: Morning: 10:00 AM to 12:00 noon, Afternoon: 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
Plant dyes (silk): Pocket handkerchief 600 yen, Small scarf 1,200 yen
Indigo dye (cotton): Handkerchief 600 yen, Bandana 1,000 yen
- ・ About 30 minutes by car from the Kan-Etsu Expressway Maebashi IC
・ About 20 to 35 minutes by bus on the Gururin Kannon-yama Line from Platform 8 at the west exit bus terminal of the JR Takasaki Station. Get off at Senryo-shokubutsuen-iriguchi.
Search by Area
- Kusatsu, Manza, Kita-Karuizawa Area
- Minakami, Oze, Numata Area
- Ikaho, Haruna Area
- Shima Area
- Takasaki, Myogi, Tomioka Area
- Maebashi, Akagi, Kiryu, Ota, Tatebayashi Area
Copyright © Bureau of Tourism, GUNMA Prefectural Government All Rights Reserved.