Gunma Flower Park Illumination: Fairies' Paradise
Over 1,000,000 lights of illumination decorates the park fantastically.
Yubatake Tree and illumination
A large tree will be set up and illuminated in Toji Plaza, which looks over the symbol of Kusatsu onsen, the yubatake, or hot-water field.
- Friday, November 20, 2020 through Sunday, February 14, 2021
- 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Toji Plaza at Kusatsu Onsen (Kusatsu, Kusatsu-machi, Agatsuma-gun, Gunma)
- About 1 hour 20 minutes by car from Shibukawa-Ikaho IC of Kan-Etsu Expressway or about 25 minutes by bus from Naganoharakusatsuguchi Station on JR Agatsuma Line and about 5 minutes on foot from the bus stop
The park suddenly changes into a fantastic world when 1,500,000 lights of illumination are lit up. This illumination can be seen from Kita-Kanto Expressway.
- Saturday, November 30 - Tuesday, December 31, 2019
- 5:30 PM - 10:00 PM
Hachiojiyama Park (Ota City Northern Athletic Park) (2079-3 Kamigodo-cho, Ota-shi, Gunma)
- About 10 minutes by car from Ota-Kiryu IC of Kita-Kanto Expressway
Watarase Keikoku Railway Station Illuminations
Every station building and platform on Watarase Keikoku Railway are decorated with colorful illuminations. Please come to have a fantastic trip by train.
Lake Harunako Illumination Fiesta 2019
This is a fantastic event with over 500,000 lights that are decorated at the venue in front of the Haruna Lodge and area around. During the fiesta, laser shows and fireworks are also organized.
- Friday, December 6 through Saturday, December 28, 2019
- 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
In Front of the Haruna Park Visitor Center (845 Harunako-machi, Takasaki-shi, Gunma)
- About 40 minutes by car from Shibukawa-Ikaho IC of Kan-Etsu Expressway or about 1 hour 30 minutes by bus from JR Takasaki Station
This illumination appears in Christmas season organized by local people. Bridges and trees in the park are decorated with colorful LED lights. Events are held on weekends during the period.
- Tuesday, December 1 through Friday, December 25, 2020
- 4:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Kezoji Park (1 Kezoｊi-machi, Isesaki-shi, Gunma)
- Close to Hashie Smart IC of Kita-Kanto Expressway About 10 minutes by car from Isesaki IC of Kita-Kanto Expressway
- This event has been canceled in order to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
Takasaki Pageant of Starlight 2020
Centering JR Takasaki Station, illumination displays including the tower of light and other monuments decorate the town.
Oigami Onsen Yuki Hotaru
Lanterns or tiny huts made with snow are neatly placed in front of each Ryokans and other places in Oigami Onsen. The scenery of lights fricker in the small snow hut can be seen from sunset.
Hatsuichi / Festival
Shorinzan Nanakusa Taisai Daruma-ichi
This is the largest Daruma-ichi in Japan. During the Daruma-ichi, 200,000 people gather to get lucky charms including Daruma doll for their wish on sucess business, academic achievement, peace and prosperity in the household and so on.
Maebashi Hatsuichi Festival
The festival taht about 600 stalls are lined up on the street and crowded with people who came to buy lucky charms until late at night. The festival is also known as Daruma-ichi. During the festival burning old Daruma dolls and the parade of portable shrines are also held.
- Saturday, January 9, 2021
- 10:00 AM - 9:30 PM
On Route 50 (Honmachi Street) and Central Area of the City (Chiyoda-machi, Maebashi-shi, Gunma)
- About 10 minutes on foot from Maebashi Station on JR Ryomo Line or about 5 minutes by car from Maebashi IC of Kan-Etsu Expressway
This is Daruma-ichi started since 1888 and held othirdly in the prefecture. A large number of stalls including ones selling Daruma dolls are lined up the street and crowded until late at night.
- Monday, January 11, 2021
- 12:00 noon - 9:30 PM
Honmachi Street and Other Places (Hon-machi, Isesaki-shi, Gunma)
- About 15 minutesy by car from Komagata IC or Isesaki IC of Kita-Kanto Expressway or about 10 minutes on foot from Isesaki Station on JR Ryomo Line or Tobu Railway Isesaki Line
This event is held at the same time with Isesaki Hatsuichi. "Ogushi Manju" which is a giant yakimanju with 4 pieces of manju in 55 cm across are grilled and dedicated to Isesaki Shrine. There is also "Nagagushi Manju" with 21 meters long are grilled by the participants.
- Monday, January 11, 2021
- Beginning at 2:00 PM
Isesaki Shrine (21-1 Hon-machi, Isesaki-shi, Gunma)
- About 15 minutes by car from Komagata IC or Isesaki IC of Kita-Kanto Expressway or about 10 minutes on foot from Isesaki Station on JR Ryomo Line or Tobu Railway Isesaki Line
This is a traditional event to drive birds and animals that harm fields away and pray for bumper harvest. Beating large Japanese drums which are important cultural properties, people parade through the street.
- Thursday, January 14, 2021
- 10:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Central Shopping Street on Nakanojo Town (Oaza Nakanojo-machi, Nakanojo-machi, Agatsuma-gun, Gunma)
- About 40 minutes by car from Shibukawa-Ikaho IC of Kan-Etsu Expressway or about 15 minutes on foot from Nakanojo Station on JR Agatsuma Line
Various kinds of lucky charms including Daruma dolls are lined up for sale on the street.
Kawarayu Onsen Yukake Festival
This festival is said to have been held traditionally since 400 years ago. As the strange festival, men with loincloth only splash water of onsen on each other at dawn on 20 January, the coldest day on the season.
- Wednesday, January 20, 2021
- 5:00 AM - 7:00 AM
Special Event Space in Front of Oyu (496-1 Kawarayu Onsen, Naganohara-machi, Agatsuma-gun, Gunma)
- About 1 hour by car from Shibukawa-Ikaho IC of Kan-Etsu Expressway or about 15 minutes on foot from Kawarayu Onsen Station on JR Agatsuma Line
- Due to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), this event has been canceled for 2021.
Shima Onsen Yudate Festival
The festival involves a ritual where the hot spring water of Shima Onsen is boiled in a large cauldron. Bamboo grass is then used to sprinkle this water over the surrounding onlookers in the hopes of warding off harm and bringing good health.
- Monday, January 20, 2020
- 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Shima Onsen Gomuso no Yu (4372-1 Shima, Nakanojo-machi, Agatsuma-gun, Gunma)
- About 40 minutes by bus from Nakanojo Station on the JR Agatsuma Line
Kita-Karuizawa Festival of the Flame
4,000 candles are lit up to pray for the New Year. After a great performance of Japanese drum, fireworks are launched and the venue becomes a fantastic world.
Showa Village Winter Festival
About three thousand fireworks will be launched from the field of snow at the event’s climax.
- Saturday, February 8, 2020
- 3:30 PM - 7:40PM Fireworks: 7:00 PM to 7:40 PM
5468-157 Itoi, Showa-mura, Tone-gun, Gunma
- About 15 minutes by car from Showa IC of Kan-Etsu Expressway
Within the area of 3.2 hectare 1,200 wintersweet trees are in bloom with goldern-clolor flower spreading its sweet scent in entire park. During the festival various attractions including the performance of Japanese drum and dance are held as well as selling fresh vegetables that are locally made.
- Sunday, January 5, 2020
- 10:30 AM to 3:00 PM
Roubai no Sato (3677 Kamimasuda, Matsuida-machi, Annaka-shi, Gunma)
- About 10 minutes by car from Matsuida-Myogi IC of Joshin-Etsu Expressway or about 10 minutes by car from Nishi-Matsuida Station on JR Shin-Etsu Line
Opening period of the park:
Saturday, December 28, 2019 through Tuesday, February 2020 9:00 AM through 5:00 PM Admission: 400 yen for junior high school students and older, free for children under elementary school age
Akima Ume Grove Festival
About 35,000 trees of Ume (Japanese apricot) with red and white colors bloom spreading over the large hilly area of about 50 ha. During the festival, various events including photo shoots of models, Japanese drum performance, pounding mochi (rice cake) and so on will be organized.
- Saturday, February 22 through Late March, 2020
Akima Ume Grove (Nishikamiakima, Annaka-shi, Gunma)
- About 20 minutes by car from Matsuida-Myogi IC of Joshin-Etsu Expressway
Haruna Ume Festival
Enjoyable events such as blowing the seed of ume, free distribution of ume dishes, bingo game, stage performances and so on are held at Ecole. Also, beautiful flowers of ume of about 70,000 trees are in full bloom during March.
- Sunday, March 15, 2020, Beginning from 9:30 AM Flowering Time of Ume: Early – Late March
Haruna Cultural Center “Ecole” (1072-1 Kamisatomi-machi, Takasaki-shi, Gunma)
- About 45 minutes by car from Takasaki IC or Maebashi IC of Kan-Etsu Expressway
Misato Ume Festival
About 100,000 ume trees are planted on the hill where has a panoramic view of Kanto Plain. When they are in bloom, the entire area is covered with pure white flower and flagrance of ume as you can enjoy a special moment there.
- Sunday, March 1 through late March, 2020
Misato Ume Grove (Tomioka and other, Misato-machi, Takasaki-shi, Gunma)
- About 30 minutes by car from Maebashi IC of Kan-Etsu Expressway